Over the years, we have found our favorite light displays to visit in Lynchburg and the surrounding areas. If you have a favorite house or subdivision that has great Christmas light displays, please let us know so we can share them on this page for all to enjoy.
Liberty University Christmas display | 1971 University Blvd., Lynchburg VA 24515
The lighting of the trees on LU’s campus is scheduled to take place on November 28th at 7:00 pm.
- November 30-January 1 | Dusk – Dawn
O Christmas House | 76 Delaney Dr., Lynchburg VA 24501
One of the best light displays in Lynchburg. While visiting this house make sure you tune to 92.1 to hear the coordinating Christmas songs.
- November 28th-December 25th | 6:00 – 9:00 pm
Forest Automotive | 1033 Rustic Village Rd., Forest, VA 24551
Each year they light up their building and grounds with tens of thousands of Christmas lights. Beginning work each October, the owner tries to finish in time for Thanksgiving. What began as a friendly competition with the local fire department across the street a decade ago has turned into a yearly tradition for the community.
- November 28th-December 25th | 5:00 – 9:00 pm
Elks National Home | 931 Ashland Ave, Bedford, VA 24523
The Elks National Home has a magnificent Christmas lighting display that is open to the public free of charge. Vehicles may drive through the front circle to view the lights and displays each evening during the lighting period.
- December 4th-25th | Dusk – 10:00 pm
4812 Old Boonsboro Road
Thousands of light set beautifully to music on an old historic Jeffersonian style house and in the yard surrounding. While you’re there, tune into 88.1 fm to enjoy accompanying music while watching the show!
205 Powtan Drive
Beautiful display of lights starting November 29th until January 1st. Lights displayed between 6pm-11pm each night.
Lynchburg Subdivisions with Christmas lights
- Russell Springs – Off of English Tavern Road in Lynchburg
- Mantle Drive – Off of English Tavern Road in Lynchburg
- Presidential Drive – Subdivision off of Forest side of 221 by the Walmart Neighbourhood Market
- Irvington Park – Subdivision located at 168 Irvington Springs Road in Lynchburg
- Cranehill Drive & HeronHill Place – Subdivision located off of Link and Langhorne Roads.